At IPPON, We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We turn large amounts of coffee into beautiful Code. The Java Architect’s role is to strategically design and implement information systems and networked software architectures that support core organizational functions, and assure their high availability. Also, gain organizational commitment for all systems and software plans, as well as evaluate and select all technologies required to complete those plans. In addition, Provide technical leadership, from strategic decision-making down to the project planning level.
Strategy & Planning
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining software.
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, other Systems Architects, and software development teams.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in systems architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Where applicable, design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Document existing systems architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Review new and existing systems design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to define business requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development.
- Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and manage a system’s capacity plan.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science/engineering or information systems (Master’s degree preferred).
- TOGAF or similar certification.
Knowledge & Experience
- 7+ years work experience with Java
- Extensive experience in developing strategic systems architecture plans.
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Proven experience in systems and network design and development.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Solid grounding in core enterprise applications, including JEE.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems.
- Expert knowledge of programming languages, including Java.
- Hands-on experience with application development tools, including Eclipse.
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience contributing to open source software
- Experience developing applications using JHipster
- Familiar with the technology stack used by JHipster: Angular, Spring Boot, Yeoman
Ippon values talented people who are fun to work with. We also value diversity and the different perspectives our employees bring to Ippon Technologies.
So, do YOU speak Ippon? Tell us about yourself at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ippon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.